How is it possible that it's March already? I mean wasn't it just yesterday we were ringing in the new year, drinking bubbles and falling asleep before the midnight fireworks..... (or was that just us)?... Anyhoo here we are in March and crazily, Easter is a mere 4 weeks away!
We've been feeling the itch to do some Easter Crafts for Kids using our favourite Shrinky Dinks since we made our Christmas Charms and thought why not create a little something special just for you while we are at it?..
We settled on these DIY Shrinky Dink Easter gift tags because:
1. They are ridiculously cute
2. Kids absolutely love getting involved with colouring in and watching as their designs shrinky (Dinky?) in the oven
3. Who doesn't love a good Easter pun? Not us that's for sure!
I mean, come on - can we have a moment for the cuteness?...
The items we used were:
- Crystal Clear Shrinky Dinks (10 sheets in one pack, we used a total of 1 sheet to make all of our tags leaving 9 left over for other projects, score!)
- Sharpies in Black and all the colours of the rainbow!
- Gift tags (Officeworks again)
- Sellotape Sticky Dots
- And our printable Easter Shrinky Dink design
Colour in your designs, we flipped the sheet over to get the 3-d effect from having the black outline raised up from the colour, this is totally optional, it's just how we like to Shrinky Dink!
Then like normal, cut them out and pop them coloured side up on a baking tray and into an oven that's been pre-heated to 160 Celsius and watch the oven to see when the designs have finished shrinking, they will bend and curl while they are shrinking but when they flatten out again you know they are good to go.
Then it's just a matter of using the sticky dots to attach the shrinky to the gift tag and writing out your message - we recommend using gold pen and ALL the puns! Who wouldn't love getting one of these tied around a chocolate bunny at Easter time?...